Fitter / Welder
Loveman Steel and Fabrication, located in Bedford Heights is seeking a Fitter / Welder with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience. Candidates should have experience with the following:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, scales and tape measures.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc tungsten inert gas and shielded gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Experience welding pipe out of position preferred.
- Experience in FCAW and GMAW Spray Transfer.
- Experience welding thick to thin structural members, including tubing.
- Understanding of blue prints and weld joint designs.
- Strong overall mechanical aptitude.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in problem solving
- Technical schooling or relevant experience a must
- Experience in welding of Carbon, Stainless, or High Alloy Steels (3-5 years’ experience preferred)
Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and manage tight deadlines. Competitive compensation and benefits package based on experience.
For more information regarding Loveman Steel and Fabrication visit www.lovemansteel.com. For consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fabrication Estimator Job Purpose
We are looking for a steel fabrication estimator. Candidates should have experience with plate metal fabrication. Experience with AutoCAD, Estimating Software, and Microsoft office is a must. Looking for a high energy, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills. Sales experience in Steel and Metal fabrication a plus.
Coordinate and prepare project cost estimates according to project specifications and plans for sales department. Duties include preparing material take-offs, production routing and fabrication times and freight estimates; work in a timely manner to insure work and completion dates are met; and compiling reports on progress of work.
Fabrication Estimator Job Duties
- Prepare estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing projects.
- Read and interpret project specifications, plans and bid instructions / requirements for preparation of estimates.
- Prepare material take-off, estimate all necessary labor and subcontracted items required.
- Prepare project estimate report of any additional considerations that would affect pricing.
- Knowledgeable with fabrication and welding techniques required
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Knowledge of Estimation software is strongly encouraged
- Experience with estimating techniques and cost control required
- Basic math skills and technical writing skills required.
- General understanding of material pricing
- Understanding of engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to read, breakdown to piece parts and quote from assembly prints
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
Applicants must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and manage tight deadlines. For more information regarding Loveman Steel and Fabrication visit www.lovemansteel.com. For consideration, email your resume to email@example.com or call Jim at 440-232-6200.